Monday, October 16, 2006

Baked a Chiffon Cake

The holidays are around the corner, and it's time for me to think about the menus and ponder new ways to enhance traditional recipes. There are so many ideas and so little time in between so many tasks. I'm also testing out new recipes that I might add to my repertoire. One of the areas I'm working on is dessert, and my favorite, the cake. Recently, I decided to return to my joy for cakes by signing up for a class in cake decorating. I have always tinkered in the chemistry of turning out a cake from scratch, and have restricted my frosting skills to cupcakes for lack of confidence and time. Four hours into a hands-on class, I discovered the new world of homemade, flavored buttercream and frosting ideas. And the result is this white chocolate chiffon cake with macadamia nuts and mocha kahula buttercream frosting. I think I've found my calling. Maybe I should think of becoming a baker...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should make me a cake lah!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh my god, this sounds so yummy and looks so good! I want a piece leh! :P

Anonymous said...

I actually had the pleasure of tasting this cake today. Good thing I got in the breakroom early because it went fast. Words cannot adequately express the experience. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

A sampling of this cake was brought into work today and shared - here's my thank you note to the person who brought it in:

***
R####,

The cake was delicious (actually just "delicious" isn't quite accurate - it was one of the best cakes I've ever had - WOW!)! Thanks for sharing it! So the real question is, where did you get it? it really was great! (and I have 3 birthdays in my family over the next 4 weeks!)

Thanks again,
Mike

Anonymous said...

Your cake was awesome! I really think you should go into business! Thanks for sharing. Roxanne

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Hi San,
OK. Will make you one when I visit Singapore!

LCOM,
OK. Will make you one someday! :)

flash,
Thanks for your compliments!

Mike,
Thanks for your vote of confidence. I guess I'll be making more chiffon cakes! (ha!)

Roxanne,
Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed the cake! :)

Anonymous said...

Heh, what about me, mayb one day you can set up a food business, when the girl's are a little older.
Love you.
bel

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Bel,
OK. Make you one too! Yeah, will set up shop if you help too! :)