Sunday, October 08, 2006

A great time with the in-laws

Yesterday, I made my favorite pumpkin cake for my wonderful in-laws to celebrate their return from a cruise to Alaska. Had skipped the ginger cream frosting as we are watching our waistlines before the holidays that are just around the corner. They have recently returned for a short stay before heading to their second home in Arizona for the cold winter months.

We also metup with more family members from Aspen whom we have not visited with for a while. I even learned how to make quinoa from our new favorite American cousin while her adorable children G and C read to, and played with, our little ones . We had a great visit, as usual, and the kids were saying 'Grandma' and 'Grandpa' all the way home. Will be having my in-laws over for a slumber party next weekend, and I know we will have a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great. Hope to try some in the future!