Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Working on Healthy...

Lately, I have been trying to consciously alter my selection of meals towards a healthier blend of ingredients ranging from orangically grown to herbal. I also go to this website to check on what fish to select for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I'll always have cravings for fries, and chocolate! (sigh...)
Back to tonight's dinner. I bought some daikon radish to make soup. It is suppose to promote digestion and soothe sore-throat. Also added a turnip and carrots with a skinless chicken split-breast to make this soup. My mom used to make this tasty soup with pork bones and dried squid. But I omitted that and added a little fish sauce for favoring towards the end of cooking. Most asians believe in having a stock-based type of soup regularly with dinner. I just try to do it a couple of times a week in the winter months. Hubs prefers chunky soups, but he had a few sips. The little ones love soup, and they had a bowl each. Served it with tomatoe and garlic shrimp with asparagus, brown rice, and a salad.

No comments: