Thursday, December 07, 2006

Package Cake



Had learned this technique in class and it was more difficult to work with rolled fondant on a square cake than a round cake because of the corners. There was alot of rolling to make the square big enough to cover the cake. And alot of stretching and pulling. I had to work fast before the the fondant dried up. The colored fondant didn't dry as quickly. Personally, I love the look of the smooth fondant, but am not too fond of the taste. It was more work for fondant cakes than buttercream. Now I know why bakeries charge more for fondant cakes! It was worth the effort, and the decorating was fun! I chose red for the holidays. It does look like a package, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wahhhh...very impresive cake!!

I like the cute flowers and sure looks like a pretty package. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Wish I live next door to you! -san.y

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Hi san.y and LCOM,
Thanks for your kind words.