Thursday, January 25, 2007

Salmon Cakes

The kids and I love salmon, and we usually have it once a month. Had some beautiful Alaskan coho salmon filets in the freezer, and grilled them for dinner a couple of days ago. With the leftover grilled salmon in the fridge, I made these salmon cakes. I usually broil them in the oven, but this time I brown them on medium heat in a non-stick skillet with a little light olive oil, about 5 mins. on each side or until done.
2 pieces grilled salmon filet, bones and skin removed
1 c. corn flakes, crushed
1 med onion, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 tbs mustard
1 tbs ketcup
1 tbs worcestershire sauce

Mix all the ingredients together into cakes. Cook in broiler until brown on both sides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made these last night. I added mayo also. Very nice.