I was looking for a light dinner recipe before the usual meat-fest for the 4th celebration, and came across this recipe from Wild Oats. Made a light salad with grilled tofu and it hit the spot. The peppery arugula went well with the marinaded tofu flavors.
15 oz. extra-firm tofu
5 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
2 Tbs. mirin, rice wine or sake
1 tsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. chili paste with garlic
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups arugula
1 lb. green beans, trimmed
1 orange bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 onion, halved and cut into slivers
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Wrap tofu in paper towels, and squeeze gently to remove excess water. Pat dry. Slice horizontally into 3 pieces; cut each piece in half. Set aside.
3. Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, vinegar, chili paste and garlic in 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Add tofu, turn over to coat and let sit 15 minutes.
4. Remove tofu from marinade; set marinade aside. Spray tofu with cooking spray, and grill until browned and crusty, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Arrange arugula on large serving platter, then arrange grilled tofu on top of arugula.
5. Meanwhile, add green beans and onion to remaining vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Grill beans and onion on perforated rack, stirring frequently, until beans are tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Arrange beans and onion on top of tofu. Pour any remaining marinade on salad. Serve.
Recipe from Wild Oats Marketplace