Friday, May 23, 2008

Humor Me

My MIL send me this and made me laugh. I did change the title so as not to offend some of my friends.

Silly Cookbook

Sunday
It's fun to cook for Tom. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said
beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to loan me some
extra bowls.

Monday
Tom wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve without
dressing.
So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Tom brought a friend home for
supper.

Tuesday
A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the
rice. It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath anyway. I can't say it
improved the rice any.

Wednesday
Today Tom asked for salad again I tried a new recipe. It said prepare
ingredients; lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. Tom asked me
why I was rolling around in the garden.

Thursday
I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients in a
bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I
got back, everything was the same as when I left.

Friday
Tom did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to
dress it for Sunday. I don't have any clothes that fit it, and for some
reason Tom keeps counting to ten.

Saturday
Tom's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had was
hamburger Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the
oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much to my
disappointment.

GOOD NIGHT DEAR DIARY. This has been a very exciting week! I am eager for
tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Tom. If I can talk Tom
into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with a chocolate
moose!

9 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

If you liked that, you should try the Amelia Bedelia books on your girls. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's hilarious!

daphne said...

oh boy! that was a good laugh!

TBC said...

:D
I especially liked Wednesday.:)

WokkingMum said...

How did I miss this post! So funny!

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Hi Wandering Chopsticks,
Thanks, I have her books, and I enjoy Amelia with my kids. :)

Hi Asianmommy,
Thanks for visiting and your comment!

Hi Daphne,
Good! Will pop over to your site soon!

Hi TBC,
Haha! Me too! :)

Hi Wokkingmum,
Glad you liked it! :)

TeaLady said...

Giggle!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm jumping on my chair while read this.

Anonymous said...

That's funny ! It made my day in a cold and windy afternoon